The Construction Law lawyers at Couzens Lansky have vast experience in negotiating and drafting the required documentation for residential and commercial construction as well as financing of construction. We also represent clients in connection with construction lien claims and all phases of construction disputes. Our clients include owners, construction managers, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, title companies and lenders.
We assist our clients in the negotiation and drafting of all types of construction contracts and documents, including:
- Residential construction, including custom home contracts
- Commercial construction, including shopping centers, industrial buildings, office buildings and multi-family developments
- The American Institute of Architects (AIA) contracts with appropriate modification tailored to the specific transaction
Our lawyers are proficient in handling all types of Construction Lien Act issues, including drafting and recording of Notices of Commencement and Furnishing, Claim of Lien, Discharge of Lien, enforcing construction liens, handling lien priority issues, litigation, payment and collection issues.
Our construction litigation lawyers have represented a variety of private, nonprofit and government entities with their construction disputes, including claims of defective workmanship, contract interpretation matters, construction delay and stop notices. We assist our clients at any stage of the dispute, including:
- Negotiation and resolution of construction claims
- Preparation, foreclosure and removal of construction liens
- Arbitration and litigation of construction disputes